GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE DEPARTMENT
( C2 )
Inclusion of socially and educationally backward classes of Muslims as category “E” in the list of Backward Classes, in addition to the existing A, B, C, D Categories.
[G.O.Ms.No. 23,Backward Classes Welfare(C2) ,7th July,2007]
1) Whereas, the existing list of socially and educationally backward classes and various concessions in regard to reservations in services and educational institutions were set out in G.O.Ms.No. 1793 Education Department dt.23-9-1970 based on the report of the Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes.
2) And whereas in their report dated 2-7-2007 the Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes recommended that specific classes of Muslims are to be treated as socially and educationally backward classes of citizens and that a fifth group titled Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims under the Head of “E”, be created in the Backward Classes list for providing to them reservations in admission into educational institutions and in appointments to posts and vacancies in the services of the State for the purpose of Articles 15 (4) and 16 (4) of the Constitution of India excluding the creamy layer.
3) And whereas, the AP Commission for Backward Classes further recommended for providing 4% reservation to the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims.
4) And whereas the Andhra Pradesh Reservation in favour of Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims Ordinance 2007 was promulgated to provide Four percent reservation to identified Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims for admissions in seats in educational institutions and for appointments or posts in the public services under the State excluding creamy layer amongst them.
5) And whereas, orders were issued in G.O.Ms.No.3, Backward Classes Welfare Department, dated: 4-4-2006 to adopt all the criteria to determine the creamy layer among Backward Classes, as fixed by the Government of India, except the annual income limit which is fixed at Rs. 4.00 lakh per annum in the State.
6) Now, therefore, for the purposes of Articles 15(4) and 16(4) of the Constitution of India and in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 7 of the Andhra Pradesh Reservation in favour of Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims Ordinance, 2007, the Governor of Andhra Pradesh, hereby, notify the following classes of Muslims residing in the State (Other than Dudekula, Laddaf, Pinjari/Noorbash and Mehtar ) as specified below, and as identified by the A.P. Commission for Backward Classes as Socially and Educationally backward classes and include them in the list of Backward Classes under separate Category “E” ( which shall be in addition to the existing “A”, “B”, “C” and “D” Categories ).
1) Achchukattalavandlu, Singali, Singamvallu, Achchupanivallu,Achchukattuvaru, Achukatlavandlu,
2) Attar Saibulu, Attarollu
3) Dhobi Muslim / Muslim Dhobi / Dhobi Musalman, Turka Chakla or Turka Sakala, Turaka Chakali,
Tulukka Vannan, Tsakalas, Sakalas or Chakalas, Muslim Rajakas
4) Faqir, Fhakir Budbudki, Ghanti Fhakir, Ghanta Fhakirlu, Turaka Budbudki, Darvesh, Fakeer
5) Garadi Muslim, Garadi Saibulu, Pamulavallu, Kani-kattuvallu, Garadollu, Garadiga
6) Gosangi Muslim, Phakeer Sayebulu
7) Guddi Eluguvallu, Elugu Bantuvallu, Musalman Keelu Gurralavallu
8) Hajam, Nai, Nai Muslim, Navid
9) Labbi, Labbai, Labbon, Labba
10) Pakeerla, Borewale, Deera Phakirlu, Bonthala
11) Qureshi, Kureshi / Khureshi, Khasab, Marati Khasab, Muslim Katika, Khatik Muslim
12) Shaik / Sheikh
13 ) Siddi, Yaba, Habshi, Jasi
14) Turaka Kasha, Kakkukotte Zinka Saibulu, Chakkitakanevale, Terugadu Gontalavaru, Thirugatigantla,
Rollaku Kakku Kottevaru, Pattar Phodulu, Chakketakare, Thuraka Kasha.
15) Other Muslim groups excluding
Syed, Saiyed, Sayyad, Mushaik;
Shia Imami Ismaili, Khoja;
and except those who have been already included in the State List of Backward Classes.
7) All the concerned Departments are requested to make necessary amendments to the orders, rules and regulations in this
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT